The Nintendo Switch system can transform to suit your situation, so you can play the games you want, no matter how busy life may be.
It’s a new era where you don’t have to adjust your lifestyle to play games – instead, your console adjusts to fit around your lifestyle.
Enjoy games anytime, anywhere, with anyone, with flexible and free play modes.
Three play modes
- TV mode. Hook up the console to the TV and everyone can enjoy playing, from kids to adults. It’s a great way to get into the game with family and friends at home.
- Tabletop mode. If you don’t have access to a TV, prop up the stand attached to the console and hand a Joy-Con to a friend to play co-operative or competitive games right on the console screen.
- Handheld mode. Enjoy the same gameplay experience as on a TV screen, right at your fingertips. Play engaging games you’ve never thought you can play on the go anytime, anywhere.
Link up to eight consoles for multiplayer
- Local multiplayer. Players can sync together up to eight Nintendo Switch consoles to play competitive and co-operative multiplayer games.
- Online multiplayer. If you sign up to the online subscription service for Nintendo Switch*, you can play with friends far away and players around the world. Subscribers can also sync up a dedicated smart device app to set play appointments, meet up in online lobbies to play and voice chat while playing.
the Joy-Con New
If you attach the two Joy-Con to the Joy-Con grip, it will work like a traditional controller, and without the grip they work as two individual, fully-functioning controllers.
By handing one of the Joy-Con to a friend, you can play competitive or co-operative multiplayer anywhere. As well as holding a single Joy-Con vertically or horizontally to play games, you can also play using both Joy-Con at once, holding one in each hand.
Attach the Joy-Con straps included in the package and slip the straps onto your wrists to enjoy the Joy-Con’s motion controls. If you hold the Joy-Con sideways, you can also access the SL/SR Buttons with ease.