Intel® Turbo Boost Technology Intel® Turbo Boost Technology dynamically increases the processor's frequency as needed by taking advantage of thermal and power headroom to give you a burst of speed when you need it, and increased energy efficiency when you don’t.
Intel® vPro™ Platform Eligibility Intel® vPro™ Technology is a set of security and manageability capabilities built into the processor aimed at addressing four critical areas of IT security: 1) Threat management, including protection from rootkits, viruses, and malware 2) Identity and web site access point protection 3) Confidential personal and business data protection 4) Remote and local monitoring, remediation, and repair of PCs and workstations.
Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology) delivers two processing threads per physical core. Highly threaded applications can get more work done in parallel, completing tasks sooner.
Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x) Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x) allows one hardware platform to function as multiple “virtual” platforms. It offers improved manageability by limiting downtime and maintaining productivity by isolating computing activities into separate partitions.
Intel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d) Intel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d) continues from the existing support for IA-32 (VT-x) and Itanium® processor (VT-i) virtualization adding new support for I/O-device virtualization. Intel VT-d can help end users improve security and reliability of the systems and also improve performance of I/O devices in virtualized environments.
Intel® VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT) Intel® VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT), also known as Second Level Address Translation (SLAT), provides acceleration for memory intensive virtualized applications. Extended Page Tables in Intel® Virtualization Technology platforms reduces the memory and power overhead costs and increases battery life through hardware optimization of page table management.
Intel® 64 Intel® 64 architecture delivers 64-bit computing on server, workstation, desktop and mobile platforms when combined with supporting software.¹ Intel 64 architecture improves performance by allowing systems to address more than 4 GB of both virtual and physical memory.
- Idle States Idle States (C-states) are used to save power when the processor is idle. C0 is the operational state, meaning that the CPU is doing useful work. C1 is the first idle state, C2 the second, and so on, where more power saving actions are taken for numerically higher C-states.
- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology is an advanced means of enabling high performance while meeting the power-conservation needs of mobile systems.
- Conventional Intel SpeedStep® Technology switches both voltage and frequency in tandem between high and low levels in response to processor load.
- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology builds upon that architecture using design strategies such as Separation between Voltage and Frequency Changes, and Clock Partitioning and Recovery.
- Thermal Monitoring Technologies Thermal Monitoring Technologies protect the processor package and the system from thermal failure through several thermal management features. An on-die Digital Thermal Sensor (DTS) detects the core's temperature, and the thermal management features reduce package power consumption and thereby temperature when required in order to remain within normal operating limits.
- Intel® Identity Protection Technology Intel® Identity Protection Technology is a built-in security token technology that helps provide a simple, tamper-resistant method for protecting access to your online customer and business data from threats and fraud.
- Intel® IPT provides a hardware-based proof of a unique user’s PC to websites, financial institutions, and network services; providing verification that it is not malware attempting to login. Intel® IPT can be a key component in two-factor authentication solutions to protect your information at websites and business log-ins.
- Intel® Stable Image Platform Program (SIPP) Intel® Stable Image Platform Program (Intel® SIPP) can help your company identify and deploy standardized, stable image PC platforms for at least 15 months.
- Intel® Deep Learning Boost (Intel® DL Boost) A new set of embedded processor technologies designed to accelerate AI deep learning use cases. It extends Intel AVX-512 with a new Vector Neural Network Instruction (VNNI) that significantly increases deep learning inference performance over previous generations.