Characteristics and Performance
- Compatible with Intel® Optane ™ memory: Intel® Optane ™ memory is a revolutionary new type of non-volatile memory that sits between system memory and storage in order to accelerate system performance and responsiveness . When combined with the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology controller, it seamlessly manages several storage levels while presenting a single virtual drive to the operating system, allowing frequently used data to reside at the storage level faster. Intel® Optane ™ memory requires specific configuration of hardware and software.
- Intel® Turbo Boost Technology Version: Intel® Turbo Boost Technology dynamically increases the frequency of the processor when needed by taking advantage of the thermal and power boost so you have a boost in speed when you need it, and an increase in energy efficiency when not.
- Idle states: Idle states (C states) are used to save power when the processor is idle. C0 is the operational state, which means that the CPU is functioning correctly. C1 is the first state of inactivity, C2 the second, etc., where more energy saving actions are performed for C states with higher numerical values.
- Improved Intel SpeedStep® Technology: Improved Intel SpeedStep® technology is an advanced means to enable very high performance while meeting the energy conservation needs of portable systems. Traditional Intel SpeedStep® technology switches the voltage and frequency in tandem between high and low levels in response to processor load. Improved Intel SpeedStep® Technology is developed in that architecture using design strategies such as separation between voltage and frequency changes, and clock partitioning and recovery.
- Thermal monitoring technologies: Thermal monitor technologies protect the thermal fault processor system and package through various thermal management functions. A thermal digital sensor (DTS) on matrix detects core temperature, and thermal management functions reduce the energy consumption of the package and, therefore, the temperature when it is required to maintain normal operating limits.
- Intel® Identity Protection Technology: Intel® Identity Protection Technology is an integrated security token technology that helps provide a simple, tamper-resistant method to protect your customer access and business data.