Complete your order
Kingston’s A400 solid-state drive dramatically improves the responsiveness of your existing system with incredible boot, loading and transfer times compared to mechanical hard drives. Powered by a latest-gen controller for read and write speeds of up to 500MB/s and 450MB/s*, this SSD is 10x faster than a traditional hard drive* for higher performance, ultra-responsive multi-tasking and an overall faster system.
Also more reliable and durable than a hard drive, A400 is built with Flash memory. There are no moving parts, making it less likely to fail than a mechanical hard drive. It’s also cooler and quieter, and its shock and vibration resistance makes it ideal for notebooks and other mobile computing devices.
A400 is available in multiple capacities from 120GB–960GB** to give you all the space you need for applications, videos, photos and other important documents. You can also replace your hard drive or a smaller SSD with a drive big enough to hold all your files.
This SSD is designed for use in desktop and notebook computer workloads, and is not intended for server environments.
- Fast start-up, loading and file transfers
- More reliable and durable than a hard drive
- Multiple capacities with space for applications or a hard drive replacement
*Based on “out-of-box performance” using a SATA Rev. 3.0 motherboard. Speed may vary due to host hardware, software and usage. IOMETER random 4k random read/write is based on an 8GB partition.
** Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide at kingston.com/flashguide.
- Solid-state drive capacity : 240 GB
- Solid-state drive interface : Serial ATA III
- Read speed : 500 MB/s
- Write speed : 350 MB/s
- NVM Express (NVMe) supported : N
- Memory type : TLC
- Data transfer rate : 6 Gbit/s
- TBW rating : 80
- Mean time between failures (MTBF) : 1000000 h
- SSD form factor : 2.5"
- Certification : CE, FCC
- Power consumption (read) : 0.642 W
- Power consumption (write) : 1.535 W
- Power consumption (average) : 0.279 W
- Power consumption (idle) : 0.195 W
- Windows operating systems supported : Y
- Mac operating systems supported : Y
- Linux operating systems supported : Y
- Operating temperature (T-T) : 0 - 70 °C
- Storage temperature (T-T) : -40 - 85 °C
- Operating vibration : 2.17 G
- Non-operating vibration : 20 G
Weight & dimensions
- Width : 100 mm
- Depth : 69.9 mm
- Height : 7 mm
- Weight : 41 g